The year 2016 was a remarkable one for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. In the fall, we enrolled the largest freshman class in our history, with over 1,690 top-notch students joining the university. Our faculty members continued to conduct world-changing research that impacts human health, energy security, the environment, and so much more.
This year, our campus community had the opportunity to be enlightened by a remarkable group of distinguished visitors, including National Medal recipients, Nobel laureates, government officials, and industry leaders.
Our students continue to excel in all areas. They are conducting important research, creating innovative products, launching new businesses, scoring on the playing fields, making art—and having fun while they’re at it.
We hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch/read more about Rensselaer in 2016.
Top 10 Stories of 2016
- Empire State Development Establishes New Digital Gaming Hubs
- CASE Project in Ghana Tackles Agricultural Waste
- Using Magnetic Forces To Control Neurons, Study Finds the Brain Plays Key Role in Glucose Metabolism
- Lally School of Management Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
- Rensselaer Startup Wins New York Business Plan Competition
- Ready To Change the World! Meet the members of the Class of 2020
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Ranked 39th Among National Universities by U.S. News & World Report
- The Group Meeting Re-imagined: Designing Intelligent Rooms
- Central Intelligence Agency Director John O. Brennan Addresses Rensselaer Audience
- Rensselaer Data Project Addresses Childhood Stunting in Developing Nations