As the business needs of Rensselaer have changed, so have the professional competencies of our workforce. To meet these challenges, the Division of Human Resources—in partnership with Skillsoft, a leader in online learning solutions—has launched a new online Professional Learning Center called Skillport for faculty, staff, and students.
The Skillport learning system contains over 120,000 pieces of content; over 7,000 full-length e-learning courses, 65,000 instructional videos, and 46,000 books including audiobooks. This new learning system will be available to all members of the Rensselaer community. The Professional Learning Center will provide faculty, staff, and students with an opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, ability, and competencies to help achieve the goals of The Rensselaer Plan 2024.
In addition, this new integrated learning system has a “learning app” technology that will provide learners with tremendous flexibility to access the learning system by tablets, mobile phones, and other mobile devices at any time and from any location. The Skillport learning system can be accessed at https://rpi.skillport.com using your RCS login information.
The goals of the Division of Human Resources for this new Skillport learning system are to:
- Educate the campus community about the established competency library for employees, and map individuals’ learning opportunities to the relevant career ladders at Rensselaer;
- Provide faculty and staff with an integrated learning content system designed to improve their competencies in understanding and performing administrative and operational tasks more effectively and efficiently;
- Provide faculty and staff with an integrated learning content system designed to strengthen their knowledge of business, financial, administrative, legal, and compliance standards applicable to federal, state, and higher education practices and regulations;
- Offer members of the Rensselaer community opportunities for professional development, career enhancement, career enrichment, and professional growth; and
- Provide academic faculty with an integrated learning system that is designed to supplement academic learning content for Rensselaer students.
Will Fahey, manager of professional development, is available to answer questions and provide information regarding this new learning system. He can be reached at (518) 276-2318 or by email at email@example.com.