Rensselaer’s largest alumni tradition takes place the weekend of Oct. 4-6, as a crowd of 3,000-plus alumni and guests is expected to take part in Reunion & Homecoming festivities. Make this YOUR year to join in the fun.
Some of the highlights include:
- The Rensselaer Alumni Hall of Fame Ferris Wheel. Friday, Noon – 9 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., East Campus Athletic Village
The entire campus community is invited to join in celebrating the Rensselaer Alumni Hall of Fame with a ride on one of its most iconic inventions: The Ferris wheel!
- FanFest. Saturday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., East Campus Athletic Village
This carnival midway will include food, performances by Rensselaer’s student a cappella groups, games, the Ferris wheel, and more.
- Alumni 5K Challenge. Saturday, 8 – 9:30 a.m., The Commons
Join alumni for a 5K run around the campus.
- Sigma Chi Grand Opening Ceremony of the Pomeroy Chapter House. Saturday, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., 58 Pinewoods Avenue, Troy
Sigma Chi invites the Rensselaer community to join them to celebrate the grand opening of the new Pomeroy Chapter House.
- Greek ChowderFest. Friday, 6 p.m., Rensselaer Society of Engineers
Current Greeks are invited to join with Greek alumni for a reception and friendly competition to see which house makes the best chowder.
- Alumni Comedy Night. Saturday, 10 p.m., Curtis R. Priem Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center, Goodman StudioJoin Reunion & Homecoming attendees for a homegrown comedy performance by Rensselaer alumni Eric McMahon ’83 and Trent Gillaspie ’08.
Reunion & Homecoming will also have a presence on social media, both leading up to and during the weekend. Follow @RPIalumni on Twitter and Instagram, and search #RPIRHC for pictures, news, and comments. On Facebook, “like” the Rensselaer Alumni Association.
“Please be on the lookout for our alumni guests over the weekend, and do whatever you can to help us make their Reunion & Homecoming experience a good one,” said Jeff Schanz, assistant vice president for alumni relations.
Anyone who needs assistance may find help at Registration at the Heffner Alumni House, which is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, or call (518) 276-2504.
Rensselaer staff volunteers are still needed, especially during Registration on Friday and Saturday. If you are interested in helping out, training will be provided; all you need is a smile and a willingness to help. If you would like to get involved, contact Kim Cardillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 276-2566.