Every Day Matters is a blog that shares the voices of members of the Rensselaer community and beyond who are paving the way to a better world. Our readers have a shared interest in the issues affecting our world and the opportunities the future may bring.
Who can write for us? Anyone!
- Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Community Partners
- Corporate and Foundation Partners
What types of posts are a good fit for Every Day Matters?
- Opinion & Thought Leadership: Posts that provide commentary or perspective on current topics of conversation in the news.
- “How To”/DIY: Posts that describe ways people can take action or help a cause in their everyday lives.
- News: Posts that explain research or work that affects a broad community.
- Interviews: In our “6 Questions With” segment, we learn from today’s thought leaders and changemakers.
What types of posts are not accepted?
- Posts that are too promotional for an individual or organization.
- Posts that contain a lot of technical language or jargon.
- Posts that focus narrowly on what’s going on at Rensselaer without connecting it to the broader world or explaining the importance of a particular topic or issue.
What are the technical requirements of a post?
- Length: Generally speaking, we look for posts that are between 400 and 600 words.
- Image Requirements: We love when we can show a photo to accompany your post and in some cases, we may need you to provide a headshot. Photos work best for Every Day Matters as PNG or JPG files in landscape format with a resolution of at least 300 DPI.
- Source Citation: When referencing a fact or statistic, please let our readers know where you’re getting it from.
Please note that all submissions are subject to editing for length, style, and clarity. If you are interested in writing for Every Day Matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pitch your idea! We follow a continuous publishing cycle and will work with you to determine an appropriate schedule for your post.